- This Event has passed.
Kelburn Viaduct Municipal Ensemble Jug Band
Thursday, 1 October 2015 @ 9:00 pm - 11:30 pm
The Kelburn Viaduct Municipal Ensemble Jug Band share a passion for jug band music and recognise its unique place in music history, both at the dawn of Jazz and Blues, and later when skiffle bands sprang up in the UK.
Their authentic sound is helped by some of the hand made instruments played that include the Tea Chest Bass; lagerfone; washboard; jug and stomp box. Each band member has direct connections with jug bands both here in NZ and the UK, and perform in numerous other bands around Wellington.
– Pip Payne – washboard, lagerfone, guitar, vocals, kazoo and jug
– Neil Worboys – banjo, mandolin, harmonica, kazoo, vocals, guitar and jug
– Maurice Priestley – guitar, mandolin, kazoo, vocals, whistles and bells
– Bill Wood – tea chest bass, dobro, vocals, hollers and whoops
– Steve Carlyle – guitar, washboard, t chest bass, squeeze box, jug and vocals.
The style of music encompasses rural blues and good-time music with a mix of original folk / blues thrown in.
The band is building up a solid reputation as an energetic and fun band to go and see.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/kvmejb