- This Event has passed.
The Kelburn Viaduct Municipal Ensemble Jug Band
Sunday, 3 April 2016 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Jug band music has a unique place in musical history, both at the dawn of American Jazz and Blues, and later when skiffle bands sprang up in the UK. The Kelburn Viaduct Municipal Ensemble’s authentic sound is helped by their hand- made instruments including the Tea Chest Bass; washboard; jug and stomp box. Their energetic and fun style of music encompasses rural blues and good-time music with a mix of original songs thrown in.
Each band member has direct connections with jug bands both here in NZ and the UK and perform in numerous other bands around Wellington.
- Neil Worboys – banjo, mandolin, harmonica, kazoo, vocals, guitar and jug
- Maurice Priestley – guitar, mandolin, kazoo, vocals, whistles and bells
- Bill Wood – tea chest bass, dobro, vocals, hollers and whoops
- Steve Carlyle – guitar, washboard, T-chest bass, squeeze box, jug vocals
- Carol Bean – guitar, vocals, and mandolin